Church Lady Salad (A Hearty Winter Fruit Salad)
- large mixing bowl
- 16oz jar with lid or medium bowl with whisk
- cutting board & sharp knife
- 1 TBS finely minced shallot (or other type of onion)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup avocado oil (or olive, canola, or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS poppy seeds
- 16 oz iceberg lettuce or other type of lettuce
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup gouda cheese, cubed
- In a large 16 oz mason jar place all "dressing" ingredients. Place lid on and shake well. Set aside. NOTE: You can also use a medium bowl to whisk all ingredients in.
- In a large mixing bowl place all salad ingredients. Pour dressing all over the ingredients and mix well. Enjoy.
4 thoughts on “Church Lady Salad (Hearty Winter Fruit Salad)”
Fantastic – have always enjoyed this salad – your personal recipe is so tasty! Yum
Love your recipe. Hearty and lean too. Im definitely making it because these ingredients are always in my pantry. It’s a keeper.
How far in advance, of serving the salad, should we put the dressing on?
I would put the dressing on right before serving or you could go a few minutes before serving.
Comments are closed.