Creamy Chicken & Pasta 30 Minute Meal
- large pot & strainer
- large skillet
- cutting board with sharp knife
- 1 lb uncooked rigatoni or other type of pasta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 TBS salt
- 2 TBS cooking oil DIVIDED
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces (use baked, boiled, canned, or rotisserie)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth DIVIDED
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 & 1/2, or milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pameasan cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in 1 TBS salt & uncooked pasta. Cook per directions on back of package.Add asparagus to boiling pasta 3 minutes before pasta is done. Drain pasta & asparagus, place back into pot and coat with 1 TBS cooking oil.
- In a large skillet saute diced onion with 1 TBS cooking oil over medium high heat until softened. Add in garlic and saute 1 additional minute.
- Stir in chicken, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Stir in heavy cream, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese. Add in cooked & drained pasta and asparagus. Stir until well coated. Turn off heat. Enjoy.