Crockpot Shepherd’s Pie
A delicious classic recipe using ground beef, a savory gravy, mashed potatoes and cheese all slow cooked in your crockpot. The aromas through your house will have everyone waiting for this one.
- large skillet
- 6 quart crockpot
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of celery or mushroom soup
- 1 (14 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 2 (.87 oz ) each brown gravy mix (powder form)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 servings prepared mashed potatoes (homemade, instant, or refrigerated) I like the Bob Evans refrigerated version
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray a 6 quart crockpot/slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook ground beef and chopped onion until beef is no longer pink and onions are softened. Drain excess grease. Place cooked beef & onion into bottom of crockpot.
- Add in cream of soup, corn, peas & carrots, gravy packets, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and beef broth. Stir to combine and smooth out evenly.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Spoon prepared mashed potatoes onto the mixture evenly. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place lid on and cook an additional 1 hour or until cheese has melted and potatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with parsley as a garnish.
Prepared Mashed Potatoes
- 1)Make your own version of mashed potatoes
- 2)Prepare instant mashed potatoes from a box or package
- 3)Use refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes such as a Bob Evans variety