Nothing like a classic Chicken & Dumplings cooked in the instant pot. Delicious comforting ingredients all infused together and topped with easy biscuit dumplings. You have got to try this one.
Instant Pot Easy Chicken & Dumplings
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes (red or yellow) chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 TBS poultry seasoning, or more to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 can biscuits 5 large, or 8 regular size
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 cup peas
- Set Instant Pot to sautee mode (30 minute setting). Heat for 1 minute. Add butter and oil and allow to melt.
- Add in onions, carrots, and celery and cook for 3 minutes to soft up a little. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in potatoes and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken, 2 cups of chicken broth, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Mix together.
- Cancel sautee function. Place lid on unit and lock into place. Move knob on back of lid to the "sealing" position.
- Press the "pressure cooker" or manual button and set timer for 15 minutes.
- During the 15 minute cook time, take each biscuit from can and flatten or roll out to double the size. Cut in half and cut each half into fours. Set off to the side.
- Once 15 minutes is done on Instant Pot, do a quick release by moving the knob on back of lid from "sealing" to "venting". Allow all steam to escape and the pin to drop. Remove lid away from you.
- Add 1 -2 more cups of chicken broth (this will determine how thick or soupy you want your meal.
- Place all biscuit pieces on top of mixture in the Instant Pot, being careful not to over lap, if possible.
- Close and lock lid. Place unit on "sealing". Pressure cook for 10 minutes. After a quick release and pin drops, remove lid.
- Carefully mix biscuits on the top of mixture, throughout. Add heavy cream and peas, mix thoroughly.
- Serve & Enjoy.