Orange Knots, Easy Orange Sweet Roll Recipe
- 1 (8 count) can refrigerated biscuit dough (I used Grands)
- 4 TBS melted butter
- 2 TBS white granulated sugar
- 1 TBS fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar sifted
- 2 TBS freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, and 1 TBS orange zest.
- Remove biscuits from can onto a clean work surface dusted with flour. (I use a silicone mat.) Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each half of biscuit dough into a rope shape about 8-10 inches long. Tie each rope into a loose knot and place onto prepared sheet pan.
- Fully coat by brushing each knot with the melted butter mixture using a pastry brush.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
Making the Glaze
- While knots are baking in oven make an orange glaze.
- Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. (NOTE: you can place powdered sugar into a bowl and use a whisk to sift it.)
- Whisk in orange juice and 1 tsp of orange zest.
- Once orange knots come out of oven, drizzle orange mixture over the warm knots then allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.