Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cake
An easy fun cake using boxed cake mix and fun ingredients.
- large mixing bowl
- electric hand mixer
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- 2 medium bowls & whisk
- utensil with rounded end to poke holes
- 1 (15.25) oz box devil's food chocolate cake mix
- + ingredients listed on back of box cake (I tend to replace oil with melted butter, water with milk, and add 1 extra egg to make it bakery style.)
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (DIVIDED)
- 1 (8oz) container cool whip, thawed
- 1 bag mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 bag Reese's Pieces
- Prepare cake per directions on back of cake mix box for a 9 x 13 cake. (optional: Substitute milk for water, melted butter for oil, and add an additional egg for a bakery style cake.)
- While cake is still warm from oven, poke lots of large holes in cake using the back end of a kitchen utensil that's rounded or a large straw will work.
- In a large glass measuring cup mix together sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Pour mixture all into the holes of cake and spread evenly over rest of cake. Let cake sit on countertop until cooled.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cool whip and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle Reese's pieces and mini peanut butter cups all over top of cake. Refrigerate & enjoy.