Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers
A ground beef & rice stuffed bell peppers cooked in a slow cooker/crockpot.
- 6 quart oval crockpot
- medium pot with lid
- large skillet
- measuring spoons & measuring cupsw
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 large colored bell peppers (green, red, orange, yellow) mix them up
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 32 oz jar marinara sauce, DIVIDED
- 1 cup Italian cheese, shredded, DIVIDED
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a medium pot add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in uncooked rice and 1/8 tsp salt. Place lid on pot and lower heat to a low setting. Cook for 15 minutes (par-cook). Turn off heat.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat break up ground beef & cook with diced onion until ground beef is no longer pink and onion has softened down. Drain off excess grease.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 24 oz marinara sauce, 1 cup cooked rice, 1/2 cup Italian blend cheese. Stir well to combine and turn off heat.
- Wash & dry bell peppers. Cut tops off of the peppers. Remove stems, seeds, and membranes from inside peppers.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour remaining 8 oz of marinara sauce into bottom of crockpot. Stuff peppers with ground beef & rice mixture and place upright in slow cooker.
- Place lid on crockpot & cook on low for 3 1/2 – 4 hours or on high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours. Make sure peppers are fork tender before next step. (They may need extra time to get as soft as you like them.)
- Top each pepper with a mound of cheese. Place lid back on slow cooker and cook on high for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted on top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.