A Ground Beef Mexican Inspired Dinner Recipe
- skillet & spatula
- cutting board & sharp knife
- pie plate or narrow dish
- 2 forks
- 2 (9" x 13") baking dishes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 3 TBS homemade taco seasoning)
- 1/4 cup water
- 24 street size corn tortillas (4.5" round)
- 1 (15oz) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- fresh pico de gallo, green onions, sour cream, cilantro, etc. for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 (9" x 13") baking dishes with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet break up & brown up ground beef and soften chopped onion. Drain excess grease from skillet. Add in taco seasoning and water. Mix well to combine for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.NOTE: Search for my homemade taco seasoning blend.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a pie plate or other narrow dish. Take a street size corn tortilla and place into enchilada sauce to coat bottom. Flip over and coat that side. Place coated tortilla into prepared baking dish.NOTE: use 2 forks to help in flipping tortillas in enchilada sauce to prevent breakage.
- Spoon 2 TBS ground beef taco mixture on top of coated tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 TBS cheese on top of mixture. Coat another corn tortilla on top and bottom and place on top of the cheese covered tortilla in dish. Spoon 1 TBS ground beef taco mixture on top and sprinkle with 1 TBS cheese. Layer one more coated tortilla, ground beef, and top with cheese.
- Prepare 3 more stacked enchiladas for this baking dish. Prepare the rest of the 4 stacked enchiladas for the 2nd baking dish. You should end up with 8 stacks.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Leave in baking dish for 5 minutes before removing onto plates. Garnish with your favorite enchilada toppings of sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro, or green onion. Enjoy.