7 Ingredient Easy Chocolate Pie
- 9" pie plate
- medium pot
- measuring cups & measuring spoons
- 1 pie crust baked in pie plate search here for my homemade pie crust & how to blind bake pie crust to prepare
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cold milk
- optional whipped topping for garnish
- Prepare & bake pie crust in a 9" pie plate and allow to cool. Search my blog recipe on how to blind bake a pie crust. Also search my blog for homemade pie crust, if desired.
- In a medium sauce pan add unsweetened cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar, & salt. Whisk together. Add in vanilla & egg yolks. Mix together slightly. Turn on burner to medium heat. Slowly add in milk a little at a time then whisk. Keep adding in milk and whisking until all incorporated. Once mixture starts to bubble, keep whisking until mixture thickens to a pudding consistency. Turn off burner.
- Add mixture to a cooled baked pie crust and smooth out evenly. Place in refrigerator to set up and chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping.