Apple Sauce Meatloaf
- deep sheet pan lined with foil
- large mixing bowl
- cutting board and sharp knife
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup town house butter & light crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1 cup tomato sauce or tomato soup
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine together ground beef, cracker crumbs, egg, tomato sauce, green onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper, and apple sauce.
- Place meat mixture onto center of prepared sheet pan. Form meat mixture into a solid loaf shape evenly. Make a slight well into center of loaf. Pour chili sauce into well. Spread across top of meatloaf using a pastry brush.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour until completely cooked through or reached internal temperature of 165 degrees. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting slices.