Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole
Make this delicious Thanksgiving side dish right in your crockpot/slow cooker and save room in your oven for the turkey. Wonderful flavors you won't lose.
- cutting board
- sharp knife
- 6 quart crockpot/slow cooker
- 6-8 medium fresh sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2d cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (10oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 6 oz chopped pecans
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1 inch cube shapes. Place into a bowl of water.
- In a 6 quart crockpot, whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Drain sweet potatoes and place into crockpot. Stir to coat the sweet potatoes with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place lid on and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours until sweet potatoes are fork tender and softened.
- Sprinkle half of the marshmallows and half of the chopped pecans on top of the cooked sweet potatoes and stir in until marshmallows melt. Sprinkle rest of marshmallows and the rest of the chopped pecans on top of casserole. Place lid back on and let marshmallows melt about 15 minutes. turn off crockpot and allow to rest 15 minutes.