Croissant Omelet Boats
The perfect vessel for your favorite omelet ingredients. Christmas morning breakfast or brunch idea.
- cutting board and bread knife
- large mixing bowl and whisk
- large sheet pan covered with parchment or silicone mat
- 4 fresh croissants bakery style
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 pieces crisp bacon crumbled
- 1/2 bell pepper (any colors), diced
- 2 green onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- NOTE: I cook bacon first in oven at 425 degrees for 16-18 minutes until crisp then drain and crumble.NOTE: I dice bell pepper and onions while bacon is cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Using a steak knife cut off the top of the croissants, leaving a gully shape. (Do not cut all the way through the croissant; this will keep the egg mixture from seeping through the bottom.)
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together egg, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and milk.
- Lay croissants on baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Pour mixture evenly into croissants filling them up. Sprinkle cheese, crumbled bacon, and diced bell pepper on top of the egg mixture.
- Place croissants into oven and bake for 20 minutes until eggs are set and tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes to cool.