Green Bean Casserole – No Canned Soup
This easy recipe uses no Canned Cream of Soup. It's full of flavor and perfect for the holidays.
- large deep skillet
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- 3 TBS butter
- 2 TBS all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBS dried minced onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 56 oz canned green beans drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, DIVIDED
- 6 oz French's crispy fried onions, DIVIDED
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and allow to sizzle. Whisk in flour for 1 minute. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and minced onion.
- Turn off burner and whisk in sour cream and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese.
- Using a spatula, stir in 1/2 of the fried onions. Stir in green beans until well coated.
- Pour green bean mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and fried onions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted. Enjoy.