Ooh soft on the inside, crispy on the edges, perfect for Christmas or anytime. These homemade cookies are delicious.
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 1 spatula
- 1 whisk
- electric handmixer
- 2 sheet pans covered with parchment paper
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 oz m&ms candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugars for 2 minutes using an electric hand mixer until combined. Beat in egg & vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly beat in flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture using the electric hand mixer until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon mix in m&m's candy.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop place rounded balls of cookie dough on to prepared baking sheets leaving 2 inches between cookie dough.NOTE: for a more rounded soft chewy cookie, leave dough rounded on sheet pan. NOTE: for a more crispy flat cookie, flatten cookie dough with parchment.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown on bottom and tops of cookies are set. Cool on sheet pans for 10 minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack.