Orange Juice Cake using Boxed Cake Mix
Easy cake using boxed cake mix, jello, orange juice, and a few other ingredients.
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 (3 oz) box Orange Jello mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBS orange juice
- 1 orange, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray with added flour. (Or grease & flour dish.) Set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together 1 cup orange juice and box jello mix until combined and sugars are dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, combine vanilla cake mix, orange juice & jello mix, melted butter, and eggs.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven per directions on back of cake mix box for a 9 x 13. Allow cake to cool completely in dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 TBS orange juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Grate orange peel over glaze.