Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad
A Pasta Salad with delicious flavors and ingredients that we love in chicken fajitas.
- skillet & spatula
- cutting board & sharp knife
- large bowl
- large pot
- 8 oz uncooked mini farfalle pasta (or other favorite pasta)
- 1/2 TBS salt to salt pasta water
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/8 tsp each salt & pepper to season peppers & onions
- 1 (11 oz) can mexi-corn or southwestern corn (or regular corn) drained
- 1/2 cup pace picante sauce or other salsa
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped (rotisserie, canned, baked, or boiled)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos, crushed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped finely
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in salt & uncooked pasta. Cook per directions on back of package until done. Drain, run under cool water, and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add oil & allow to sizzle. Add in onions, bell peppers, salt & black pepper. Cook until softened and has a little char on them. Add cooked chicken to heat through. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl add cooked & drained pasta, softened peppers, onions, & chicken, corn, salsa, and shredded cheese. Mix well to combine.
- In a large measuring cup whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro. Pour into pasta salad. Add in crushed Doritos. Stir everything to combine. Serve & enjoy.
2 thoughts on “Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad”
Love your recipes!
Wonderful! Thank you so much!