Taco Bell Crunch Wrap
You don't need to go to Taco Bell for these homemade delicious crunch wraps. Make yours at home and fill them up.
- 1 large skillet
- frying pan or griddle
- small bowl
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (will make 6-8 crunch wraps)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 TBS cooking oil
- 1 1/2 packets taco seasoning or 4 TBS homemade taco blend
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package 11" burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 package 5" crispy corn tostadas
- 1 jar con queso cheese dip or other mexican flavored cheese sauce or dip
- 1 small container sour cream
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded fine
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1 can diced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in onion and saute for 2 minutes until softened. Add in ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess grease. Stir in taco seasoning and water and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Place a damp paper towel over each flour tortilla and place in microwave for 20 seconds to make pliable. Lay tortilla on clean work surface. Spread 2 TBS cheese dip in the middle of tortilla. Add 1/2 cup of cooked meat mixture to cover cheese.
- Place a crispy tostada over the meat mixture. Spread 1 TBS of sour cream to cover the tostada. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced olives, and shredded mexican cheese blend.
- Fold the bottom edge of flour tortilla over to the middle of toppings. Keep folding the edges of tortilla over until center is all covered. Flip over onto a plate.
- Spray a frying pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray and allow to get hot on a medium heat. Place crunch wraps seam side down on hot griddle and allow to get brown and toasty on one side. Flip over and brown and toast other side. (Each side takes just a few minutes to brown, so keep an eye on them.)
- Remove from pan/griddle and using a large knife, cut wraps in half. Enjoy.