Honey Butter Chicken
A tasty, sweet, savory, crispy, sticky chicken recipe, great to pair over cooked rice, potatoes, or pasta. The sauce is so delicious.
- cutting board & sharp knife
- pie plate or other narrow dish
- whisk and spatula
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenders, or thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 1 TBS butter
- 1-2 TBS cooking oil
Dredging Mixture for Chicken
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Honey Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 TBS butter
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt if needed
- In a medium bowl or pie plate, whisk together dredging ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika).
- Place chicken pieces into flour mixture and stir until completely coated.
- To a large skillet over medium high heat add 1 TBS cooking oil and 1 TBS butter. Allow to melt and come to a sizzle. Place chicken into skillet in one even layer spaced apart. Allow to cook for 5 minutes until crispy and golden brown on bottom side of chicken.
- Flip over chicken and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through and golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet onto a plate and set aside.
- In same skillet lower temperature to medium or a medium low. Add in ingredients listed in the honey butter sauce ingredients listed above. (butter, honey, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, and salt) Mix all ingredients well until heated through and makes a smooth caramel consistency is achieved.
- Turn off burner. Add chicken to the pan and coat with sauce.
- Enjoy with cooked rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.